06 October 2009

Comment moderation

For years now, I have prided myself in not having to moderate any comments. Sure there was the anonymous post here and there that needed to be bombed but, for the most part, I've been pretty ~ forgive the choice of phrase "liberal" ~ when it comes to blog moderation.

For one, I simply don't have the time to go through each and every post and cherry pick what gets posted and what doesn't. Second, you're all adults, and you're all protected by the First Amendment so you should be able to say whatever-god-damn-well-as-you-please.

Third, I don't subscribe to the PC/Multicultural nonsense - so if you push the limits on speech; by all means I say go ahead. There is nothing in the constitution which prohibits you from being a bigot...et al.

For the last week I've had the comment moderation filter on because I was getting some excessive racial postings that, while cathartic, weren't exactly constructive.

I prefer clarity over agreement - so if you take a position, please expound on it and make your case. If you want to write "Shoot a n_____, it gives you energy" please resist the temptation to post that. It does nothing to elevate the debate, and I have quite a few black readers who don't fall into that category of derogation.

I have removed the filter so we're back on uncensored mode. Please respect your fellow readers and reign in the obnoxious blather.

Thanks --

Roo

4 comments:

Coldtype said...

Hey Rue here’s the last link I got from Shady.

Rue St. Michel said...

Thanks Coldy

Anonymous said...

D'accord

Anonymous said...

Thanks for removing the filter, Rue-y. Hope the goofy comments (other than mine of course) are done,

"leftisthebest"