While Sauerberg has little chance of defeating this entrenched, petulant, diminutive, mewling little troll, don't let that discourage you from voting for him.
The RNC isn't helping Sauerberg with contributions from their war-chest because they've got bigger fish to fry in dragging McCain over the finish line.
That said, Durbin is a disgrace.
He's made some truly outrageous statements, especially about our troops. Here's classic Durbin comparing our troops to Nazis and, Camp X-ray to a soviet gulag:
Just like his side-kick, Barack Hussein Obama, Durbin has no substance. I remember reading Chicago magazine's expose on him. They interviewed Al Salvi's down-state campaign manager. Durbin was running against Salvi at the time. While at a rally for Durbin, the manager saw an attendee wearing a pro-life button. The manager pointed at the button and simply stated, "Your man Durbin is pro-choice. I hope you realize that." Without blinking an eye, the guy says, "No he's not. I saw him at a rally a week ago and he stood up there and said he was pro-life."
The manager just rolled his eyes because he'd been all around the state trying to get the word out and this was a typical Durbin stunt: Say one thing in front of one audience, and another when circumstances changed. That's what Obama does very often. Remember when he told that group in San Francisco that people "cling to their religion and their guns" when they're confronted with something "different"? Oh, you're different alright, "Barry" - about as different as FDR, LBJ and Saul Alinsky all rolled up into one.
But back to Sauerberg, you can see the platform comparisons here. Here are just a few of the reasons why Durbin must be defeated. His voting record reflects someone who doesn't deserve to be serving the American citizens in Illinois.
* Immigration - He voted for Comprehensive Immigration Reform, which included the Dream Act which would give illegals in-state tuition and social security benefits. He voted "NO" on the Secure Fence Act (HR 6061).
* Support the Troops - Voted to defund the military and called US Troops "nazis". He voted to install a time-line of withdrawl of US troops out of Iraq.
* War on Terror - Durbin's more worried about bestowing constitutional rights on terrorists than in upholding the rights of United States citizens. He voted "NO" to the FISA Act in August of 2007.
* State Children's Health Insurance Program - Voted "YES" for this trash. Another $60 billion Democratic socialized medicine debacle in the offing. Luckily Bush vetoed it but it'll be reintroduced if Obama gets in.
* Voted "NO" to extend the Bush tax cuts (HR 4927).
[All these were borrowed from Washington Post's "Key votes" website. Check it out here.]
He's voted with his Democratic Party apparatchiks 97.5% of the time. Sure he's a real leader.
Please tell your family and friends to vote "NO" to Dick Durbin.