08 July 2008

SunTimes comments on Officer Francis

From one of my email contributors, this shows that there are about a dozen SunTimes readers who have IQs at the high end of the Bell Curve.

I was looking through the reader comments on the Sun-Times web site concerning the murder of Police Officer Francis. I guess I'm not surprised, but I am so dissapointed to see some of the stuff on there bashing P.O. Francis and the police in general. I did not know him personally, but I've been choking back tears all day thinking about how he died and how his family will have to move on. I look at the pictures of my own family on my desk and just think how in a split second, everything can be so different.

Please be careful out there. It seems like things are really getting crazy, between the streets being out of control and the uncertainty our own Department/City makes us face.

Back to the Sun-Times comments: this one really stood out to me, thank you to whoever it was who made it!

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. RIP PO Francis.

To the people of Chicago, my son is CPD, and know this: if your officers had Tasers, if they didn't have to work one-man cars, if they were not worried about losing their jobs every time they tried to help you, most likely Officer Francis would be alive and the offender would not have been shot.

You pay the highest taxes in the nation but you have the most undermanned, underequipped police force of any large city. Your media has overplayed the actions of a few bad cops to the point where you hate and despise your own police.

Your city is descending into anarchy. Shootings at police officers have skyrocketed and when they shoot back your priests and reverends go to police HQ and protest.

Your police have been working without a contract for over a year, and you people think you are going to get the Olympics!!?

I'm glad I moved out of your city long ago. It's all downhill for you from here. Officer Francis gave his life for you - try to wake up before it's too late!"



Powerful stuff and well said! RIP Officer Rich Francis

No comments: