28 December 2007

Murdered by Mumia

Murdered by Mumia is the new book by Maureen Faulkner - wife of slain police officer Daniel Faulkner.



As is so often the case in capital crimes, the victims get overlooked by Liberal pundits. They seem to automatically glam on to the offender's side and defend him to the end.

As Maureen Faulkner writes so eloquently, she is the one who has been sentenced to life: a life of grief, pain and loss.

Here is an excerpt from the book:

The knock. That rap on the door that is the dread of all of the spouses of people who put their lives on the line—cops, firefighters, EMTs, the military, each profession with its own protocol. I got that knock in the early morning hours of a bitter-cold Wednesday, December 9, 1981, when my fitful slumber was interrupted by the thud of destiny. That night I had trouble sleeping, so I went down and fell asleep on the couch in front of the TV. I was awakened by the sound of a rap on the door. It was a gentle tapping but it sounded like a cannon shot to me. I quickly looked at the clock and saw that it was a little after 4:00 a.m. I got up and looked through the window to where a police officer was standing on the step. With his shiny adornments glistening against the dark night, I thought maybe I was dreaming. My heart pounded furiously against my ribcage and my knees felt weak as I opened the door....


Full excerpt can be read here.

Mumia was convicted by a racially mixed jury. Mumia's brother was the person that was driving the car and he was struggling (fighting) with Faulkner when Mumia came out of the car with a pistol in his hand. Mumia was shot once by Officer Faulkner after Mumia shot Faulkner in the back. Mumia was found on-scene with the gun in his hand and screamed "I shot that motherfucker! I hope that motherfucker dies!" as they wheeled him into the hospital.

Mumia was (is) a member of the Black Panthers and has a history of anti-government, anti-police agitations.

If you want a clear delineation of why Mumia Abu Jamal - nee Wesley Cook - is absolutely guilty of murdering Daniel Faulkner, go here.

As Bob Weir writes:
Well, here we are, 25 years later, and instead of an execution, we have something akin to a coronation. Mr. Cook has received money for the sales of books written while in prison, and he has been allowed to write a column in which he regularly rants about 'racial injustice in America.' In addition, his fight against the death penalty, for which he has had the support of several Hollywood celebrities, has proved fruitful because, a few years ago, a judge reduced his penalty to life in prison. Now, his international fan club, which has succeeded in getting him named an honorary citizen of 25 cities around the world, including Montreal, Paris, and Palermo, and even naming a street after him in the Paris suburb of St. Denis, is trying to get him released.


In our current debased culture, men of vice are elevated and men of virtue are denigrated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Proud to say I still have not spent 1 cent on any newman's products or ben n jerry's. I will definitely be buying this book.