[hat tip: Michelle Malkin]
Marion Barry was arrested again. Story here.
He was stopped and arrested for driving on a suspended license. Of course, he's blaming the US Park Police of racial profiling and the DMV in D.C. of making a "clerical error" in suspending his license.
Uh, note to Mayor Barry: When you're arrested for DUI, they suspend your drivers license. What a complete ass this guy is. What I thought much more interesting was the list of articles on NBC4's website related to Marion Barry.
* November 14, 2006: Barry Pleads Not Guilty To DUI
* September 11, 2006: Marion Barry Detained By Police
* August 7, 2006: Barry Facing More Legal Woes
* May 12, 2006: Police: Former Mayor Fails Field Sobriety Test
* March 9, 2006: Marion Barry Sentenced On Tax Charges
* February 27, 2006: Barry Shows Off Gasifier Machine
* February 8, 2006: Federal Judge Postpones Barry Sentencing
* February 7, 2006: Marion Barry Heads Back To Court
* January 11, 2006: Marion Barry Fails Drug Test
* January 3, 2006: Marion Barry Robbed At Gunpoint
* November 11, 2005: Gasification Machine Removed From Anacostia Parking Lot
* November 10, 2005: Energy Machine Demonstration Held Without Fireworks
* November 10, 2005: D.C. Leaders Almost Go Toe-To-Toe
* October 28, 2005: Marion Barry Pleads Guilty To Tax Charges
* October 5, 2005: Mayor Offers Words Of Support For Barry
* October 4, 2005: Barry To Plead Guilty For Failing To File Tax Returns
Just another politician who can't take responsibility for his actions and, true to form, blames everyone and everything else for his miserable existence.
Here are some noteworthy Marion Barry-isms that he's spouted to the press over the years:
* "If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very very low crime rate."
* "First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl."
* "The brave men who died in Vietnam, more than 100% of which were black, were the ultimate sacrifice."
* "I am a great mayor; I am an upstanding Christian man; I am an intelligent man; I am a deeply educated man; I am a humble man."
You're a drug addicted libertine who has no business being in a leadership role.