30 June 2006

Soccer star drama queens

I just finished watching Germany defeat Argentina in a penalty kick overtime. It was a good match with plenty of great passing, excellent footwork and some great shots-on-goal. I wish more matches were like that one. They played 120+ minutes and it was a tight seasaw battle from start to finish. With Argentina dominating possession time, I thought they'd have the edge.

The thing that I just realized I cannot stand about soccer players is their ability to get lightly brushed by an opposing player and then drop to the ground writhing like they've just been shot! What drama queens!!!

soccer pansies

It's on to Brasil tomorrow against France. That should be a good one. We should see about the same level of drama as France's team is riddled with crybabies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I noticed the same thing! What pussies...