27 September 2005

Calling All Ravers!

An open letter to all Ravers & their supporters:
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.

First let me say that, yes - not all raves (nor ravers) are the same.

Second, I've never been to a rave. There.

But let's keep it real for a moment. I hope that the readers who posted comments are all past the 10th grade (I know one is for sure since he posted his age). Anyone at the 10th grade or lower I can excuse as being truly ignorant and painfully naive. I know because I was there too. The point of the story is that the police do NOT routinely descend on a party "for no reason." They aren't there on some power trip. They aren't there to make kids piss in their pants from fright and they aren't there to waste their time nor take chances with their own safety.

The foundation of the Salon story was centered around how "inappropriate" the police officer's tactics and responses were to the innocent Rave attendees.

I think that the author has an agenda and a bias against law enforcement. The fact that the bias was embedded in a story about a Rave party is incidental. The 2 points I have issues with are that -
1. we tend to get hysterical about nonsense issues
2. we tend to over-react and automatically judge the police in the harshest possible light.

And to the 6:09 poster (the only literate one) - Your service to your kids should be keeping them out of harms way - not standing by, ready with a lawyer & law suit if they get pushed down and tazed for not obeying a lawful command.

3:36 poster: Sad to see you couldn't even bother to click over to the www.ecstasy.org site to see the medical data on how damaging "X" is to your brain tissue - yours must be extensive.

Peace out!

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Even if we accept your "Drugs Are Bad, Mmmkay" argument, please explain why sexual assault and health conditions were listed as reasons for the raid, when no evidence of such problems existed, before or after.

I would also like an explaination of why police confiscating peoples cameras and recorders was justifiable.

Isn't there some branch of the Republican party that's against unnecessary government intrusion and police-state tactics? I really wish those were the guys in charge...